To ensure that women are adequately informed about the benefits of Sexual and Reproductive health for themselves, their partners and families and actively participate in and access Sexual and Reproductive health services:
To sensitize women towards key aspects of women’s health, not only reproductive health but health in its entirety:
Educating women to be more health aware and grounded in their own health responsibilities as well as their family.
To ensure prevention, early screening and treatment of cancer of the reproductive organs:
To reduce the incidence of Sexually Transmitted Infections:
The Government of Guyana in responding to these health challenges has put in place the National Health Sector Strategy 2013-2020, which has four clear goals:
- Equity in distribution of health knowledge, opportunities and services
- Consumer-oriented services: people focused and user friendly
- High quality services (and good value for money)
- Accountable providers and government
The Government of Guyana addresses the identified five strategic priorities:
1. Strengthening health systems governance, organization and management based on primary health care approach.
2. Addressing the social and environmental determinants for improved health outcomes.
3. Reducing the burden of diseases.
4. Enhancing family and community health.
5. Leadership and management for results.
Healthier women of the population making changes to their disposition towards health, disease, gender based violence, drug abuse and sexually transmitted infections.