Director: Dr. Jean Joannes
Tel #: 592 225 0702
Ensure that the population, in general the most vulnerable segments in particular those under 18 years old, deprived communities of the rural hinterland areas, the elderly, etcetera, enjoy a better oral health status through promotive, preventive and curative oral health interventions which are relevant, suitable and cost-effective.
To provide a comprehensive and a highest quality oral/dental care, regardless of socio-economic and geographical considerations
To promote general health and wellness in the country’s ten administrative regions through the promotion and delivery of oral health and oral health services
To ensure that the population in general and the most vulnerable groups in particular (children, adult residents of depressed communities, etc.) enjoy an optimal and sustained oral health status through the delivery of accessible and equitable oral/dental health services, which include promotive, preventive and basic curative services.
- To reduce the actual DMFT-12 of 3.0 to 1.5 in five years
- To help 75% of youths to retain their teeth at age 18
- To achieve a reduction of 50% reduction in the present level of edentulousness among adults 20-to 45 years of age
- To achieve a reduction of 25% in the present level of edentulousness among elderly (65 years)
- Alleviate or eliminate pain and suffering due to various oral health problems (gingivitis, periodontitis, facial deformities, trauma, HIV/AIDS, etc.